Re: username, passwd

From: <Markz_at_starnet.lenfest.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 18:14:37 GMT

Sounds like an 'External' account (as in create user ops$x identified externally...). If this is true use "/" for the username and nothing (NULL or '') for the password.

Check if sqlplus is a wrapper by using ,at a unix command prompt : $ whence sqlplus
This will give you the path to the sqlplus you are using or the value of a shell alias.
if it is a shell alias, you might see

    sqlplus /
if it is a path and it is not the "real" sqlplus (a wrapper) you will probably will see the same when you open that shell script.

If it is'nt an 'External' account , you *could* ask your dba to change the password to something known

On Fri, 03 Jul 1998 16:05:23 -0300, Glen Tarasov <gtarasov_at_gmu.edu> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I was given my oracle account on unix and I've made tables and queries
>ok. When the db admin set up
>my account he made it so I just type 'sqlplus' on a certain machine and
>I get into Oracle.
>My problem is that I don't know my username or password for Oracle.
>I tried the same one as the one I used to login to the machine but it's
>not the one.
>I'm trying to write C embedded SQL code and you need to enter your
>Oracle username and password.
>Anybody know the command to get your oracle username and password when
>in Oracle?
>
>Help greatly appreciated,
>
>Glen T.
>gtarasov_at_gmu.edu

MarK Z, 6b, rhymingly Received on Fri Jul 10 1998 - 13:14:37 CDT