Oracle data corruption.

From: Binoy James <binoy.james_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 12:51:38 -0500

Folks,

Thanks for all the info on my previous questions. We are now pretty sure we are looking at some level of corruption in the database. We are therefore looking at running an exp to /dev/null as well as doing an analyze table validate structure cascade for all the tables to identify any errors.

My question is where can I find a resource that goes into great detail on the above two commands and outlines procedures and suggestions should I come across any errors. Either a manual/book or a web-based resource would be excellent.

Basically I guess I am looking for a resource that deals with database troubleshooting and maintenance in very great detail.

Thanks in advance,
Jim. Received on Fri Jul 10 1998 - 12:51:38 CDT