Re: database link

From: <bmanry_at_remove.us.oracle.com>
Date: 10 Jul 1998 16:02:54 GMT

hekenberg_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
[...]
>The problem is that I have to databases which the global_name is compute.world
>I can only create one database link because the name of the database link must
>be compute.world
>What can I do ?

Having two databases with the same global name suggests that you don't need or want to utilize global naming. If that's so, you can remove the dblink naming requirement by setting the init.ora parameter GLOBAL_NAMES to FALSE.

Alternatively you can change the name of one of the two compute.world databases.

/b
--
Bill Manry - IBM Products Division - Oracle Corporation USA These are my opinions, not necessarily Oracle's. Received on Fri Jul 10 1998 - 11:02:54 CDT