Distributed Databases????

From: <stuco_at_mailcity.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 13:15:36 GMT

Maybe Not.....

My Question:     Can a database collect data into a table from other tables in
                 another database???

Reason:          We have this performance reporting tool that collects data
                 into their own tables to be queried.

Problem:         We want to build these "reporting tables" on a *development*
                 machine, but have them collect *production* data.

                 Can this be done at the database level? Or has it got to be
                 done at the "3rd party tool" level?  To tell you the truth, I
                 really dont think this product can do this on it's level;
                 that's why I'm asking this question.

Thanks, for everyody's help!

Stuart Cowen
Paladin Consulting - Dallas

"I'd like to give a shout out to Pierre, Mathias, and  Tom Kyte! Brutha, without y'all, I am nothin'!"