Re: Question with advance replicaiton!

From: Mauro <sbffn_at_vgf.vg>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 07:21:35 GMT

On 7 Jul 1998 15:01:40 GMT, eglcx97_at_engsvr.ust.hk (Leung Calvin) wrote:

>Hi,
> I have a question about replication with the application!
Welcome on board.
Look for your life vest, though.

>The requirement of the application is there exist one head office that handle
>all the data. The head office distribute the data over servial office but
>every remote office consist different set of data.
-snip-
>I have try to use updatiable snapshot, Site A be the master, site B,C are
>snapshot sites. But the snapshot site did not contain the integerity of
>the schema. And no index in the snapshot site. How can I solve it?
Integrity is resolved at master level (if you just update values, not keys).
Snapshots do NOT have constraints, primary key, etc... (by default) and Oracle tells you not to create any constraint that could interfere with the replication process. Haven't tried it, but user constraints might be ok, provided you disable them before refreshes and enable them afterwards.
As for indexes, feel free to create them :), but on the SNAP$_table (the snapshot is really a view).

>And I have also try using multi-master. But data in all the site are the
>same! Is there any other suggestion?

That's exactly what multi-master is for.

--
Mauro.

(My return address is intentionally invalid; ROT13 is required. As someone already told this audience, my responses are not to be considered official technical support or advice.) Received on Fri Jul 10 1998 - 02:21:35 CDT