Re: Create Table

From: Anthony Mandic <no.sp_am_at_agd.nsw.gov.au_x>
Date: 1998/07/09

Ngkpo John wrote:

> Another Testing, this time I remove the single extraneous comman at the
> end of the first line,
>
> create table bb ( cc int, b int
> constraint cc primary key (cc)
> )
>
> MSSQL:OK
> Oracle:Fail
> Sybase:Fail
>
> Don Macpherson wrote:

<
< >         Presumably 2> fails on Oracle due to the single extraneous comma at
< > the end of the first line.
< >         According to the SQL92 standard (Entry, Intermediate or Full), this
< > should fail.
< >
< > Johnnie Isg wrote in message ...
< > >I am testing two create table statements in different databases.  I want
< > >to know if they are SQL92 or SQL3 Standard Compliance statements
< > >
< > >1>
< > >create table a ( a int, b int ,
< > >constraint a primary key (a)
< > >)
< > >
< > >2>
< > >create table a ( a int, b int ,
< > >--constraint a primary key (a)
< > >)

	He meant the comma in the second example, i.e. the one before
	the comment line, ... , -- ...) wouldn't be a valid parse.
	Not surprised MS failed to pick the syntax error.

-am Received on Thu Jul 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT