PRESPAWN => ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

From: <bracher_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 23:11:06 GMT

help...

I've been tweaking my listener.ora file trying to speed up SQL*Net connections to a database on a hopelessly overloaded box. this morning I setup up a small test of the PRESPAWN options like so

   (PRESPAWN_MAX = 10)
   (PRESPAWN_LIST=

     (PRESPAWN_DESC=

(PROTOCOL=TCP)
(POOL_SIZE=5)
(TIMEOUT=120)
)

   )

it works great, vastly improved connection times. the sad part is that I've started to see a lot of

   ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

errors. removing the PRESPAWN options and restarting the listener fixes the problem. so for now I'm back to slow connections.

any idea what's happening here???