Previous record and next record in pl/sql

From: Rajeshwar Rao Surabhi <rsurabhi_at_orca.st.usm.edu>
Date: 9 Jul 1998 12:23:20 GMT

Hi all,

        I need an help to get an idea of how to do the following task. I used pl/sql tables but of no help. There ia a table 'a' with columns a,b,c,d,e. Suppose if i encounter the value for d='e', i want to select the previous record's column 'c', present rcords column 'c' and the next record's column c. I have iterate this to entire table.

The output is to look like this:-

a, b previous 'c' present 'c' next 'c'

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
--

RAJESHWAR                                PH: 601-296-0937
201, N 34TH AVE, APT # 3                 E-MAIL: rsurabhi_at_orca.st.usm.edu

USM BOX 5850, USM
HATTIESBURG,
MS 39406