Re: Microsoft claim to fame : The TeraServer on The Web

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1998/07/08

Waffle typical of a narrow minded percentage of our industry that are more concerned with making sure that there toy is used for everything regardless of whether it's best for what the user wants in terms of cost of ownership, useability in terms of development and maintaince etc...

Is a Ferrari better than a Vauxall Corsa, of course it is, but if your only going to the shops why waste the money on the Ferrari.

I was very impressed with Microsoft's TeraServer on the web, very good considering it's still beta. I'm also very impressed that I can run beta 2 of 7 on my windows 95 laptop with 32mb of ram.

--
Tony Rogerson
Torver Computer Consultants Ltd.