Re: Fixed ASCII

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 18:45:14 GMT

On 8 Jul 1998 13:48:52 GMT, "John Farley" <JFarley_at_ionet.net> wrote:

>I would appreciate any help on this probelm:
>
>How do you export an Oracle table into a fixed ascii fromat?

One way is to use SQL*Plus. Do something like this:

set heading off
set pagesize off

column xxx format a30
column yyy format 999.99

spool your_file.lis
select xxx,yyy
  from zzz;
spool off;

Oh, if it's a large table, you might want to write a script for the above and include the SET TERMOUT OFF command in it. Spooling the output is much faster if you don't have to watch it go by on the screen.

regards,

Jonathan Gennick Received on Wed Jul 08 1998 - 13:45:14 CDT