:new, triggers and rowtype

From: Liam Caffrey <Liam.dot.Caffrey.dot.caffreyl_at_nortel.dot.ie>
Date: 8 Jul 1998 17:24:56 GMT

I have a subtype defined as such

SUBTYPE SOH IS sales_order_header%ROWTYPE ;

I have a procedure specified in a package: PROCEDURE build_sales_order_sp (soh_record SOH) ;

I have a trigger:
CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER sales_order_line_air_trg AFTER INSERT on sales_order_header
FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
   bsi_feed.build_sales_order_sp (:new.SOH) ; END ; It doesn't work - I though it was a long shot anyway - error: 5/17 PLS-00049: bad bind variable 'NEW'

However, I don't really want to define a TYPE .... RECORD matching the record and assign across the :new values into it.

Is there any way of tweaking the above idea to make it work.

Regards

Liam Received on Wed Jul 08 1998 - 12:24:56 CDT