Parallel Query and disk striping

From: Lisa Lewis <lewis_at_med.pitt.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 11:54:03 -0400

Can anyone tell me the considerations for physical layout with the intention of using the parallel query option. I understand that in any good db design, tablespaces should be spread across multiple disks. When using parallel query, does it matter if you use OS disk striping, RAID technologies or manual striping of tablespaces ( via creating TS from multiple datafiles on separate disks). Any suggestions/experiences will be greatly appreciated. If you use OS disk striping or raid technologies, I assume you would want to always have more than one stripe set ( one for indexes, one for tablespaces ) in addition to some disks that are not striped for redo's, rollbacks, etc. ???

Thanks
Lisa Received on Wed Jul 08 1998 - 10:54:03 CDT