Re: Oracle Enterprise Backup Utility (EBU)

From: <pavergne_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 13:25:58 GMT

We are using EBU in my company ( AIR FRANCE ) since 1 year.

We are using EMC2 EDM backup software ( Epoch ), with a DLT Library from ATL ( 3 drives ). We have 2 backups server for all the SUN machines ( from SS20 to E10000 ).

We are backuping lots of instance on the same backup server. Size of the instances are from 300Mb to 40Gb.

My experience with EBU is very good. It's simple, performant ( we can have 20Gb/hour if we are running backups in parallel=3 mode ) , and very safe.

We had to restore complete or partial production databases since 1 year, and we never had troubles.

The new version ( 2.2 ) has new functionnality which are very usefull : It save archivelog in a tar-like format , So performance on backup/restore archivelog are better, and it can backups automatically multiple copies of archivelog on different tapes ( without a media duplication functionnality on backup server software ).