Re: Procedure still be Invalid

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 08:49:39 GMT

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998 17:06:14 +0900, "Chen Hui" <chen_at_mictokyo.co.jp> wrote:

>According to Oracle application development guide, if you drop a table which
>stored procedure refers to the status of this stored procedure will change
>invalid, and if you create the table again , the status will turn back to
>valid.
>
>But in my enviorment, the status doesn't change back to valid after
>the process of drop table/create table until I use the
>alter procedure [name of the procedure] compile to recompile the procedure
>manually.
>
>Is there anyone can tell me why and how to avoid? By the way, I use
>Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.2.2.1 of NT.

The procedure will remain invalid until it is recompiled manualy (as you did) or when it is executed for the first time after the table was recreated - in this case oracle will automaticaly recompile it.

>Thank in advance.

Regards,
--
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed Jul 08 1998 - 03:49:39 CDT