Re: order by in a view help please !

From: Mauro <sbffn_at_vgf.vg>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 08:09:40 GMT

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998 19:01:22 -0400, "Jim Stott" <jamest_at_innet.com> wrote:

>You cann't use "order by" in a create view statement.

(Reposting common workaround, faq?)

Create a group by view grouping all fields in the view eg.

	create view foo as select f1,f2,f3 from bar
		group by f1,f2,f3;

--
Mauro.

(My return address is intentionally invalid; ROT13 is required. As someone already told this audience, my responses are not to be considered official technical support or advice.) Received on Wed Jul 08 1998 - 03:09:40 CDT