Re: ConText problem

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/07/07

On Mon, 06 Jul 1998 11:09:42 -0400, David Schwartz <davidschwartz_at_elucidate.com> wrote:

><HTML>
>I'm trying to use ConText on a UNIX OS. I set up a table and a policy,
>but when I run ctx_ddl.create_index on the policy name, the command
>prompt
>never returns, i.e. the program gets stuck somewhere. When I Cntl-C out
>of it, I get the following message:
>
><P>ERROR at line 1:
><BR>ORA-20000: ConText error:
><BR>DRG-10302: interrupted waiting for responses from servers
><BR>ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 180
><BR>ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.CTX_DDL", line 94
><BR>ORA-06512: at line 1
><BR>&nbsp;
>
><P>All the servers are up, including one with a DDL personality, and I'm
>
>stumped. If anyone can give me a hint as to what may be causing the
>problem,
>I'd really appreciate it.

What version of Oracle and ConText are you using? Are you certain that a ConText server with "D" personality is up and running? What is contained in the ConText server log file? Are there any requests pending in the Services queue?

I was able to get your policy and index created on my system (Sun Solaris using Oracle8 8.0.4 and ConText 2.3.6) without any problem. I was able to replicate your problem by stopping all ConText servers. When I attempted your CREATE_INDEX, it basically waited. When I hit CTRL-C, it resulted in the same error message that you have listed above (DRG-10302). When I started a ConText server with "D" (DDL) personality and attempted my CREATE_INDEX again, it worked flawlessly.

BTW, the posting saying "Maybe you'll just have to be patient" is probably not relevant to your problem. If, in fact, you have just created your TESTTABLE with no data in it, there is no indexing that needs to be performed. This is just a simple DDL operation.

Let me know how I can help.
Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Tue Jul 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT