Re: Oracle8 Install Questions

From: Richard Woods <rawoods_at_concentric.net>
Date: 07 Jul 1998 21:26:54 EDT

Yes, you can install multiple versions of Oracle onto the same server, obviously into different ORACLE_HOME directories.

If you're currently running 7.3.2.3, then you're also running SQL*Net 2.3, which will operate bidirectionally with Net8. The best approach is to run the Net8 Listener on the server which will support both SQL*Net and Net8 clients.