Re: Export format

From: Andy Johnson <andyj_at_mailhost.accesscom.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 23:27:06 -0500

If you are trying to migrate data from some other source, look into SQL*Loader. Assuming that the source file is or can be plain text, you can make SQL*Loader conform to the file, instead of making your file conform to import. If you need to add data from some other source on a continuing basis, then a more direct connection like ODBC or one of Oracle's transparent gateways may be easier.

Andy Johnson
Jack of all trades, master of some.