Re: Interpreting statistics

From: Winnie Liu <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 21:16:28 -0700

you may want to check for the hit ratio (for db buffer, all the latches, rollback segment, Shared pool area) to be in the 90s. The hit ratio is the ratio of misses/gets. Try to look for the statistics for all those 'waits' too. If wait is high and the hit ratio is low, you may want to increase the corresponding elements.

umm.. if you have some specific perfomance issue to look for (like db buffers or something), you can email me directly to see if I can help you to figure that out.

Winnie