Re: recover Oracle's table

From: Winnie Liu <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 21:10:20 -0700

If you are running under archivelog mode, you can push the WHOLE database back to a certain time (right before you drop your table). Just follow the following procedure:

  1. Shut down the database
  2. Do a cold backup on the database
  3. Restore all the datafiles (except the controlfile) to their original location.
  4. Mount the database
  5. type: recover database until '<time>'
  6. Open the database and reset the log

But remember that, you are pushing the whole database back to a certain time, not an individual tablespace or tables. (oracle7 cannot yet do it, i am not sure about the version8). So, you must manually enter all the entries after the recovery. you may want to import the table if you have exported it before.

WInnie