Re: preemptive rollback maintanance?

From: Winnie Liu <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 20:25:41 -0700

check the v$rollstat to check the amount of bytes active transactions used up in the rollback segment. Also check the high water mark of each of the rollback segment, if they moved up, that means the current transaction is pushing up the high water mark of the rollback segment. Below is a tip I got from www.oramag.com

select osuser o,       username u,       segment_name s,
       sa.sql_text txtfrom   v$session s,       v$transaction t,
       dba_rollback_segs r,       v$sqlarea sawhere  s.taddr = t.addr
and t.xidusn = r.segment_id(+)and s.sql_address = sa.address(+)

This can view the active transactions in all the rollback segments.

Winnie