Re: Oracle8 on Netware

From: MMK Productions <nospammmkprod_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 22:40:33 -0400

I used Oracle 7.0.x with NetWare and it was a big problem. Oracle is clearly moving to NT. They are spending a lot of money to get their support people trained and certified on NT. There just does not seem to be a big push in the NetWare area.

With Oracle7, Oracle ran as a process in ring 0. Meaning, Oracle hangs and the server hangs, and all of the people attatched to the server, etc. Hard to believe it is that diff with Oracle8.