Re: Oracle 16 and 32 bits on the same NT PC ?

From: Neil Greene <ngreene_at_moonlight.wdc.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 18:03:19 -0700

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.server and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <6npvud$4ng_at_news3.euro.net>, roland.mayne_at_euronet.be says...
> We have 2 applications, one old using the 16 bits version and a new one
> using the 32 bits version of oracle on our NT pc.
> Is ther no problem to do that ?. Is there solutions?

There is no problem with this. Your 32-bit applications will be using the registry and your 16-bit applications will be using your .ini files. Default installation paths are c:\orawin (16-bit) and c:\orant (32-bit). They use seperate homes.

Enjoy!