Newbie Questions

From: Vincent Chan <vincentc_at_unixg.ubc.ca>
Date: 6 Jul 1998 13:21:05 GMT

Hello

I am a novice programmer starting to develop applications based on Oracle Server 8. I have a couple of questions, I hope you Oracle Eperts out there can give me some advice.

  1. If I am selling my applications to my customers, do they need to purchase their own Oracle Server for storing their data?
  2. Can I access just the database files using ODBC or Pro*C without connecting to Oracle Server? Do I have other alternatives?
  3. If I am using Developer/2000 to develop applications, does it access the database files directly or thru Oracle 8 Server?

Thanks
Vincent Received on Mon Jul 06 1998 - 08:21:05 CDT