Re: Selecting Platform

From: guy ruth hammond <grh_at_onlinemagic.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 15:15:30 GMT

Scott wrote:

> Your comments regarding Novell as a platform echo concerns I have heard
> elsewhere. I do not discount NT as a possible platform, but am dismayed by
> the number of complaints about it in this forum and others. I believe we
> will choose a low end Sun Sparc server, but the opinions of others
> experienced on these platforms can if nothing else help me feel better about
> the choices to be made;

note that the low-end ultras have IDE disks, which suck bigtime

we have one used for a development box here, but with a 6 disk multipack (pci scsi card) and solstice volume management. I would strongly you do similar, for database server work.

--

GuyRuthHammond <grh_at_onlinemagic.com>                 bill is my master
SunOS d00d, Systems Operations Group                win32 is my mantra