Re: Q:Error while redo log archival

From: Cheng-Jih Chen <cjc_at_interport.net>
Date: 6 Jul 1998 17:09:14 -0400

In article <35a12ee4.0_at_dns.wolnet.de>,
Ralf Bender <Ralf.Bender_at_wolnet.de> wrote:
>Hallo *.*,
>
>A message like this :
> Warning - The following error occured during ORACLE redo log archival:
>ORACLE Instance arc1 - Can not allocate log, archival required
>
>happens today. What must I do now. I can't see any errors. The DB still
>run.

The message appears when Oracle can't write out the archived redo logs. This may be due to the disk being busy or being full. If the DB continued running, i.e., generating archived redo logs, the problem was a temporary one that cleared up. Check the free space in that partition. You may also want to check the i/o on that disk for periods when this happens. Possibly, also, it may be an emerging disk problem, though I wouldn't worry about it too much if it doesn't repeat.

--
"Nothing can save us but Gamera!'' Received on Mon Jul 06 1998 - 16:09:14 CDT