oracle 7.3.2 async replication fault

From: <khris_khris_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 20:42:33 GMT

I realize async replication schema between 7-8 updatable snapshot sites and one master site. Operation systems: Solaris x86 2.6 Oracle servers: 7.3.2 with advanced replication option. Network media: on demand PPP between each snapshot sites and master site. Dataflow : 1000-2000 transactions from each snapshot sites per day.

Problem: I organized snapshot site with connection thrue ethernet. Everything works correctly. I tried 3-4 times to set up snapshot site with connection thrue PPP, but I have problems with losed transactions. It has place after connection faults (phone lines is used concurently and snapshot site can't connect along 3-4 hours , sometimes, refresh interval has been set to 30 minutes.) How it can be, at whole? How replication process ( execution of deferred transaction) can lose transactions? Any errors after this fault is clear for me, Its are result of desynchronization, "no date found" fault for update deferred calls. Can You explain me a source of this problem and propose something for resolving?

Thanks.