Context Option: Is an easy Hit Count by words possible?

From: Steffen Heinrich <fake_at_address.see.sig>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 18:38:52 GMT

Hi all,

for statistical purposes and for the creation of a stop list I would like to get the number of occurences of every word in a large number of documents which already have been indexed for searching. The function CTX_QUERY.COUNT_HITS only seems to deliver the hit count of documents.
The column DR_nnnnn_I1T.WORD_INFO of type LONG RAW should contain all information needed, but I found no way to retrieve the string for scanning.
Is there a convenient function which I have overseen or will I have to deal with OCI programming?

Thanks a lot for any help and hint

Steffen Heinrich

Steffen Heinrich, Peschkestr.14, D-12161 Berlin, Germany Tel: (49-030) 851 86 53
eMail: heinrich_at_take.this.out.quinline.com