Re: To use Netware or not ???

From: David <darussell_at_msn.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 19:40:37 +0100

I can see no reason not to use Netware, especially as you are in a Novel shop. Given the correct hardware Netware should perform fine. I was out in the US recently and involved in a 450Gb Netware Benchmark with Oracle8. I have not got much experince of Web Servers, but I would adive having it on a separate box database and application servers usually do not mix.

Regards
David Russell

Robert Finley wrote in message <6nm8s9$8jl_at_bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>...

>We are contemplating using Oracle8 on NetWare but don't know how well or
>poorly it will perform. I pretty confident we could keep the server up,
>running and in tune, I just need to know if it will be worth it.. I've
>already got a five user and am entitled to 3 more five user versions. Our
>user base is pure NetWare. We are planning to bring up web services.
We've