Re: Choose rollback segment for SQL*Loader?

From: rok <rok_at_MCI2000.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 07:24:15 GMT

Direct Path load still will use the rollback segment if the LOAD option is REPLACE. If it is APPEND/INSERT then DP won't use rollback segment. REPLACE option still needs to delete the existing rows.

raghuvir

SBance <sbance_at_aol.com> wrote in article <1998070400043700.UAA05210_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>...
> >Does anyone know if there's a way to specify the rollback segment that
> >SQL*Loader will use? Sort of equivalent to the 'SET TRANSACTION USE
> >ROLLBACK SEGMENT' in SQL. Loader is blowing our normal rollback segments
> >when loading large files but I'm reluctant to increase them because
they're
> >sized properly for normal operations.
> >
> >I'm not sure even why the limit is being reached. Loader appears to
COMMIT
> >every few records which means that the rollback should be realeased
surely?
> >I'm wondering if it is anything to do with the "REPLACE" clause which
> >deletes all records from the table before loading new data in. I plan to
> >test this by truncating the table first and using the "INSERT" clause
> >instead, but I'd still like Loader to use a specific rollback segment.
> >
> >Other than taking all the normal rollback segments offline while loader
> >runs, I can't find any way of accomplishing this. Any ideas?
> >

> Have you tried the direct path option? Since you're deleting all the
data and
> reloading the entire table anyway, I'd recommend creating a script that
drops
> and recreates the table, then populates it with a direct path load.
Direct