Re: Which port does SQL*Net use?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1998/07/03

[message copied to sender's e-mail address] Yat-Fan wrote in message <6nc6ku$edi_at_ustsu10.ust.hk>...

>Is it that SQL*Net can be set to be dynamically binded?

Port numbers for the listener (server) and SQl*Net clients is specified in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory for Oracle 7.x and in the $ORACLE_HOME/net80/admin. Check the files listener.ora and tnsnames.ora

> In UNIX, we see that
>in /etc/services, the SQL*Net port is binded to 1521/1526, but I don't see
>such an entry in any of our NT installations

You'll find the services, host, lmhosts and other network text configuration files on NT in the directory WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC

regards,
Billy Received on Fri Jul 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT