Alter index enable would be nice

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 22:39:06 +0100

Dear All,
One nice thing about constraints is the way you can just enable/disable and any related indexes are just rebuilt with original storage. I need to do this with indexes - its a real pain if you have many different sites with different storage, either you have to call a script or rescue all the storage stuff from user_indexes before the drop. messy and fiddly. I can't do alter index rebuild rebuild coz I need the index to be dropped whilst some heavy processing is done. The indexes are only to help queries once the main processing is complete.
Oh well, oracle 9 maybe.
Steve
--
"The floggings will continue until morale improves." Received on Fri Jul 03 1998 - 16:39:06 CDT