Re: TB storage parameters

From: MotoX <rat_at_tat.a-tat.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 08:59:49 +0100

See below:

Software Administrator wrote in message <359C25A1.6022_at_pacbell.net>...
>I am creating a New database on Oracle 7.3.4.0 for NT.
>App will be type of OLTP.
>
>Database size will be about 500 MB.
>
>Need some tablespace storage parameters for
>
>USER_DATA
>INDEX_DATA
>APP_DATA
Doesn't matter, because you should set the on the objects you create. I set mine really small, say 16k intial and next on the tablespaces, to stop people creating tables (etc) without storage parameters which run away with storage. Make PCT_INCREASE = 1 for coalescing.

>TEMP_DATA
Important here, as the temporary segemnts are based on the tablespace defaults. Size according to the requirements of your application (i.e. how many users, how much sorting/grouping takes place, how big these sorts are, etc.). Don't forget to mark it as 'TEMPORARY'.

>ROLLBACK_DATA
It don't matter. Again, because like those in part 1 (above) you should set it on the objects - in this case the rollback segments you create.

As regards the sizes of all the above, that's up to you - how much data do you want to store, process, etc. Do a bit of capacity planning (and look at the Oracle admin manuals for sizing calculations).

MotoX