Visibroker and Oracle Pro*C

From: Ajay M. Desai <adesai_at_dcn.att.com>
Date: 1998/07/02

In a pervious post I mistakenly stated out problem as being that signal handlers were not being called after oracle was called. I apologize. This is the
correct problem. We are haveing problems shuting down our CORBA server after we connect to oracle. If no database code is called in our application shutdown work correctly, after the CORBA::ORB::shutdown method is called and causes boa->impl_is_ready(); to unblock and the progam terminates correctly
but after any datbase access impl's are called the ORB shuts down but the boa
incorrectly thinks there are still existing operations and continues to block.
Any new connection are refused which shows the shutdown worked but for some
reason the boa thinks that existing operations(threads) still exist. We are
connectting to oracle for each corba method invokation. A view of what the debugger sees is also below after serveral method invokations. I am at wit's end. Any help greatly appreciated.

Softdebug Thread window

  1. Thread 1 (0x7af5fe00) (Initial thread) BLOCKED enabled
  2. Thread 2 (0x4002c5b0) (System thread) RUNNING enabled
  3. Thread 3 (0x40030368) static VISThread::_sta BLOCKED enabled
  4. Thread 4 (0x40031ab0) static VISThread::_sta BLOCKED enabled
  5. Thread 5 (0x40036150) static VISThread::_sta BLOCKED enabled
  6. Thread 6 (0x4010a900) static VISThread::_sta BLOCKED enabled

We are using the following
DCE Ptheads libcma.sl
HP-UX A.10.20
Oracle 7.3.4
Pro*C 2.2.4.0.0
aCC 1.09
VisiBroker Developer for C++ [03.00.00.C2.05]

Ajay Desai
adesai_at_dcn.att.com Received on Thu Jul 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT