Re: Reorganisation of a large database table

From: Sigrid Staudte <sstaudte_at_sachsenlb.de>
Date: 1998/07/02

Hallo,

at first thanks for help in news and mail. But I have not yet solve the proplem with reorganize of the very large table. The exportfile created by the oracle export utility is larger than 2 GByte (probably 6 GByte), but 2GByte is the limit of filesize, which can handled under sun solaris 2.5. The oracle support sais the only way to create such a large export file is to export to a tapedrive, but I haven`t experiences with exporting to an tape. Is it correct to specify the exportfile at the following way: (rmt is the mountpoint for the tapedrive)

file..< /dev/rmt/0hbn/{filename} volsize={max. size at the tape in byte}

Who can help me ??? :-)

Regards...

Sigrid Received on Thu Jul 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT