Re: Reorganisation of a large database table

From: MotoX <rat_at_tat.a-tat.com>
Date: 1998/07/02

One other point - what platform are you on? If you've only got 2GB hard drives you might want to combine them with a Logical Volume Manager. You might also want to consider striping the drives at the same time for better performance (fine-grained and automatic with an LVM or hardware controller, not the pain-in-the-butt Oracle striping) for such a large table.

MotoX.