Re: performance issues

From: Mark Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 1998/07/02

All 3 database servers you mention are good products if you know their limitations, strengths, and weaknesses.

Oracle scales well, runs on more hardware platforms, and under more OS's than any other database manager. In other words it supports from 1 to thousands of users, and from a few megabytes to terrabytes of data.

Oracle fully supports local, distributed, and parallel server options of the same database. There are a lot of installations of Oracle on NT. Except for a couple of registry entries it pretty much looks, acts, and performs like Oracle under UNIX or VMS. (We have both). Oracle sells the Developer 2000 products which are PC based client/server tools that can be used with the rdbms, and numerous third party products like Powerbuilder and Visual Basic work with Oracle.

Gijs Wuyts <giwu_at_telindus.be> wrote in article >...