Using INDEX hint against a view

From: gary&lilia <gary_and_lilia_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 20:46:04 -0700

Using Oracle 7.3, is it possible when selecting against a view to use the INDEX hint against the underlying table of the view? I tried it and it didn't work, but I do not have any prior experience with hints. Unfortunately, our application only selects data from views (because of other considerations, e.g. security).

Thanks for any help,
Gary H Received on Thu Jul 02 1998 - 22:46:04 CDT