Sql loader to load document

From: John Ma <john_ma_at_hp.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 13:56:27 -0700

Hi,

In order to migrate from Paradox to Oracle, we need to load all data in Paradox into Oracle 7.3. The problem happens while trying to load "long" data.

We have an article table contains article_id and article. article_id has datatype number and article has datatype "long". In varible length input text file, "$" is the field separator. But sql loader automatic treat "new line" is the separartor and treats the next paragraph in the article as the new record!!

Does anyone knows how to resolve this problem? or I have done something wrong? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

John Received on Thu Jul 02 1998 - 15:56:27 CDT