O8 Advanced Queuing experiences?

From: Jared Hecker <jared_at_pandora.planet.net>
Date: 2 Jul 1998 13:59:47 GMT

Hi all -

Has anyone here used Oracle Advanced Queuing? That is the messaging middleware they built in to the database.

What I am looking to do is, when an application commits a transaction, send a message to the database to run a parameterized stored procedure and return the results somewhere, probably to a table I will poll. I want to do this asynchronously, as the s.p. would perform some time-consuming validation. I think this could be accomplished using DBMS_JOB calls but using a built-in queue would make the task more robust.

If anyone has experience using Advanced Queuing I would appreciate their opinions of how it works and whether or not the scenario I describe is a realistic use of the feature.

If it is convenient, e-mail will reach me faster.

TIA - Regards,
jh
--

Jared Hecker	| HWA Inc. - Oracle architecture and Administration
jared_at_hwai.com	|  ** serving NYC and New Jersey **