Re: Webserver3, Oracle7, and Transaction Manager

From: <girish_bhatia_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 09:01:29 GMT

Hi, I think the first step you should do is to identify atomic transactions and accordingly create (PL/SQL) stored procedures for them. If you use an Oracle database, then Oracle Web Application Server has inbuilt transaction management capablities, and with a little bit of configuration and use of cartridges, you can use OWAS as your Transaction Manager. However, if you plan to use Microsoft Transaction Server, then with some additional coding (creation of ActiveX dll's which make use of either ActiveX Data Objects or Remote Data Objects to invoke the stored procedures), you should be able to use the same stored procedures without rework. OWAS can also use cartridges developed in different languages (it supports C, Java, an ofcourse PL/SQL) Check out the documentation and online help of OWAS 3.0 on how to create PL/SQL cartridges. Hope this helps Best Wishes Girish Bhatia

Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 has inbuilt transaction management capabiliti In article <359AE2DE.74FA_at_ccisprod.bcc.qld.gov.au>, Call Center Consultant <callcntr_at_ccisprod.bcc.qld.gov.au> wrote: