Re: How to copy arch logs in rman

From: Venkat <vreddy_at_no_spamix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 18:21:00 -0400

Matt,
You can use the following
replace script backup_al_all {

#  Backs up all archived logs to tape, then deletes them once the
#  backup has successfully completed.
#  Does not delete if backup fails

allocate channel ----------
  backup
    format 'al_%d_%s_%t.%p'
    (archivelog all
     delete input);
release channel ----
}

there are some sample scripts in $ORACLE_HOME\rdbms80\rman directory. RMAN allows you to copy archive logs generated between two dates or copy all logs by specifying a range of log sequence numbers.

Venkat