Re: Free space fragmented

From: MMK Productions <nospammmkprod_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 23:04:40 -0400

We are running 7.2.2. We cannot use COALESE (sp) either. The way we got around it is to (I did not want to do this) set all pct_increase settings to 1 instead of 0. SMON came around and did the coalese (sp) for me and reduced 554 frags to 103! Across the board we reduced frag by 63%.

That is all tables and indexes and set the TS to def of 1 also.

Give it a try. Received on Wed Jul 01 1998 - 22:04:40 CDT