Webserver3, Oracle7, and Transaction Manager repost

From: Broughan Macklin <broughan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 11:38:26 +1000

Sorry, the contact details on my first message were way off. Please reply to the email with this message rather than the previous one if you have any suggestions.

I am heading a project to design a Web application that will use a transaction manager. We don't know which TM yet, all we know is that we will have one in 5 months time. In the meantime I have to design a pilot Web app with this TM in mind so that when we do get it, we can slot it in with minimal rework.

I don't know where to start here, I have never used a TM. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is this feasible or would the rework be so great that we would have to wait for the TM to be in place? I don't even know what programming language is used with a TM, I assume I would be using PL/SQL before and after the TM but I could be way off. Received on Wed Jul 01 1998 - 20:38:26 CDT