Raw disk or UNIX file system?

From: Roger Tomas <tomasr_at_agcs.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 15:09:31 -0700

Am just becoming new to Oracle. I assume Oracle lets you use either UNIX files or raw disk space. I had one person tell me Oracle recommends UNIX files.

I find this hard to believe. The UNIX file system is an extra layer not optimized for retrieving data from a table. It's also a buffering mechanism that could ptentially lie to Oracle about commited data actually being out on disk.

Which is better?

Roger Tomas
AG Communication Systems Received on Wed Jul 01 1998 - 17:09:31 CDT