undocumented function bitand

From: Burkhard Schultheis <bschultheis_at_tde.ra.eunet.de>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 15:53:05 +0200

What does the undocumented function bitand do? I've tried select bitand (16, 20) from dual;
I got the value 1. Then I tried
select bitand (16, 20) + 0 from dual;
and got the value 16!
What's that? And why is'nt there the counterpart bitor? bitand is "documented" only in some examples in the online documentation.
We are porting our software from DB2 to Oracle. In DB2 there are no functions bitand and bitor, but I can easily define my own functions with C code. What to do in this situation with the functions bitand and bitor?
Thanks for answering!

Burkhard Schultheis
Tele Data Electronic Received on Wed Jul 01 1998 - 08:53:05 CDT