Re: ORA-06550: dbms_output problem

From: Njål A. Ekern <n.a.ekern_at_usit.uio.no>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 09:49:20 +0200

Andrew Sammut wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm in charge of a development database which has been working as
> expected,
> up until this morning. We are now receiving the following error on log
> in
> to the system:
>
> ERROR:
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
> PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE' must be declared
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
> PL/SQL: Statement ignored
>
> This error occurs for all but the SYS user. Looking through dejanews,
> I discovered that I should do the following:
> Anybody got any ideas?

Maybe:

These are the last lines in the file that installs dbms_ouput:

drop public synonym dbms_output
/
create public synonym dbms_output for dbms_output /
grant execute on dbms_output to public
/

Log in as SYS and write those commands, then things will work. I guess, I've never done it.

Njål Received on Wed Jul 01 1998 - 02:49:20 CDT