Reorganisation of a large database table

From: Sigrid Staudte <sstaudte_at_sachsenlb.de>
Date: 1998/06/30

Hallo,

I have a 8 GByte database table containing word documents as ole-objects. In this table the largest documents was replaced with smaller documents. Now I have to reorganize this table. The best way is to start the export utility of oracle with the compress extents option at first and secondly start the import utility. But when I use the export utility with compress extents, oracle want to create an initial extent bigger than 2 GBytes - but I only have some 2-GByte hdd´s at the server. Is there any way to reorganize this table? Is it possible to edit the export file to reduce the size of the initial extent of the database table?

Regards,

Sigrid Received on Tue Jun 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT