INCREDIBLE!!!

From: Dan Marinescu <marinesc_at_pathcom.com>
Date: 1998/06/30

We upgraded a big number of workstations to Dell PII - 350MHz, 64MB RAM, 8GB HDD, NT 4/WS SP 3, IE 4. So far so good. The "small problem" we have is that WE CANNOT USE THE ORACLE 8 CLIENT IN ANY WAY. I give you some details:

NT 4/WS -> 1096 Part No. 000-48303
NT 4/SP3 -> 0197 Part No. 000-60492

Even the displayed build numbers are identical, we can see that:

The old NT/WS release details:

81,362,873 KB / 3288 files (in I386)

The new NT/WS release details:

80,793,800 KB / 3290 files (in I386)

We installed the old NT release and everything was OK. We do not know what to believe, even it is easy to understand that YOU CANNOT RUN ORACLE 8 WITH THE NEW NT/WS RELEASE. This is amazing (and we will contact Oracle Corporation on this one!)

PS
It looks like soon, the only windows compatible products will be the microsoft ones :(

Senior Software Eng. - Caremark Ltd.
Dan Marinescu Received on Tue Jun 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT