Re: Please help salvage database

From: Winnie Liu <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 21:59:15 -0700

I don't know if it is going to help or not. You can try to mount the database and then issue the following statement:

alter database rename <olddatafile> to <newdatafile>;

newdatafile are those three files you are talking about, put them in a drive that oracle recognize and rename it at the database level. Then try to open the database.

I think I am more concern about the fact that you lost all the online redo log files than the lost of the drive. IF you lost all the redo log files and the database is in noarchivelog mode. I doubt that oracle will let you start up the database at all.

Winnie Received on Tue Jun 30 1998 - 23:59:15 CDT